a chaotic, awesome, scary, stretching, amazing, beautiful haze, With 0 Comments, Category: Blog Post, Newsletters,
It's now been almost three months since we packed up and took a leap of faith. Leaving the comforts of home and living out of suitcases in order to find the remainder of our support team so we can head to the mission field.
In the past three months we've seen some pretty amazing things happen. We've been stretched, to say the least. But it has been so incredible. I've been brought to my knees, I've been moved to tears, brought to places I would have only dreamed of reaching... And find it really hard to even begin to describe this journey and how awesome it's been. I want to write it all down to share with you, and to remember later when miracles may not seem so evident. But I also need sleep. And to play with the kids. And make dinner, clean the house, host guests, write follow-up emails, help prepare presentations, pack (for the 657th time), and do more laundry. So I find myself staying up late every once in a while to try and type out something blog-worthy that lands up coming out as nothing more than a stream of consciousness. And here we go again, I see.
I can hardly believe that the six-week-old that we left with is now four months old. My little toddler turned three this past weekend and has grown out of most clothes that I packed for him three months ago. I'm overwhelmed with feelings like we are truly living by being pushed to the limit... While simultaneously plagued with guilt that my kids feel most at home in their carseats these days.
I feel like we've been doing this forever, yet still don't have a clue as to what we are doing. I feel like it will be forever before we get to return to our home in Montreal (albeit temporarily) yet shocked to think we only have six weeks left. I'm amazed at how much our sending team has grown (we've moved from just under 60% at year end, to now just over 87%!!!) but anxious to find the remaining 13%.
We are so blessed to be supported by so many amazing people and can't wait to find out who else will be on the team! Here's to the next six weeks 🙂
For those of you praying with us on this wild ride, please keep the following items in prayer:
- Patience yet persistence during this time of deputation
- Wisdom and patience in parenting while being so transient
- Renewed energy and enthusiasm as we enter this final stage of support raising to reach the mission field
- That The Lord will bring forth the remaining 13%
- That we will be granted visas to work in the US
- That our sons will adjust well to returning to Montreal (after being surrounded by so much family)
Thank you to all who support us, in so many different ways!