This morning we were notified that, despite our greatest efforts, we have not yet been granted the necessary approvals to enter PNG — and they won’t arrive before our flight departs. This is just something that happens when you work in multiple countries… You need the country’s approval, and sometimes those are hard to secure on our timelines. We are frustrated and disappointed, but trusting the Lord’s timing in this.
I won’t bog you down with the details (unless you want to know them, I’m happy to share!) but we are looking at a delay of weeks, possibly months. But the plan is still to go. We had to book flights to be eligible to apply, and now we’ll cancel them and rebook when the approvals are complete. We’ll keep you updated as we know more; in the meantime, there is a lot of good Kingdom work to be done here at the mission.
We thank you for the prayers and the investment that you’ve entrusted to us. We can’t wait to take it to the field when the Lord allows.
“I am the LORD; in its time I will do this swiftly.”